- 4 min read -
Commonly Asked Questions in Influencer Marketing
So you’ve heard of influencer marketing, and are wondering how it can help you achieve your marketing goals. But you don’t know much about it. You have a laundry list of questions. Read on to see some of our most frequently asked questions, to help you decide if influencer marketing is the right fit for you.
Q: Why use Influencer marketing?
A: There are many, but one key reason is that influencer marketing allows brands to advertise through someone that a niche audience watches, engages with, and trusts on a daily basis.
According to Nielsen, 92% of consumers believe recommendations from friends and family over all forms of advertising.
Imagine yourself scrolling through Instagram and seeing a sponsored post from your local professional hockey team, promoting how fun their game are. Chances are, you will end up skipping right over it since you recognize it is not from someone followed. You continue scrolling and notice a post from a friend, who is out having a blast at a game of that same sports team. You are more likely to engage with this post over the former one.
Why is this? Even though both posts are essentially promoting the same event, your friend’s post is more worthy of an engagement because they are someone you trust.
This is just one example of why utilizing influencer marketing is key to the success of a brand. Below is a list of additional facts from some great sources supporting the question, Why influencer marketing?
- Influencer marketing allows brands to locate and advertise directly to their target audience. Consumers are becoming increasingly skeptical of brands and their marketing tactics, and building trust is crucial. Advertising through influencers allows brands to promote through someone that a niche community watches, engages with, and trusts on a daily basis. So, instead of being skeptical of a commercial or social media ad, consumers are trusting that if their influencer of choice loves the product, they will too.
- Influencers are trusted individuals who have the power to engage consumers and motivate their purchase decisions because of their real (or perceived) authority, expertise, and elevated social status. In essence, influencer marketing is the modern and scalable version of word of mouth.
- 94% of elite marketers now use influencer marketing because it drives 11X more ROI than traditional digital marketing channels.
- Content creation is key and influencers know how to create amazing content that appeals to their audience. This content can then be repurposed for use on the brand's social platforms or for other marketing incentives.
Q: Can I execute influencer marketing campaigns myself?
A: The simple answer that many are surprised to hear is, yes you can.
However, it is not as simple as one might think. For example, if your car breaks down, can you fix it yourself? Yes, but unless you are an expert, how much time will it take you to figure out how to fix it properly? Even once it’s fixed, can you trust that you did the job right, and will it break down again next time you’re on a long road trip?
The same concept applies to running your own influencer marketing campaigns. Sure, you might be able to find some influencers to promote your brand, but how much time did you spend finding and recruiting them? And once they are committed to a campaign, are you confident they’re the best fit and will perform to your expectations? Will they end up being a waste of time and money or even worse, harm your brand?
Below are some additional insights as to why outsourcing your influencer marketing to an expert, might be your best solution:
- Establishing an internal team can keep most of the costs involved with influencer marketing in-house. However, with an in-house team, you have to take into account how much time you spend on hiring and the financial impact of paying to have additional employees.
- Organizations that outsource influencer marketing campaigns don't need to factor in salaries, cost-per-hire or training costs. Companies offering influencer marketing often charge brands a flat fee, which is used to deliver a turnkey campaign solution.
- When it comes to finding the right influencers, creating and managing campaigns, an influencer marketing agency can do all of this for you. Not only that, they are the experts on how to best approach the campaign to ensure a strong ROI.
These are just a couple of frequently asked questions of the many we encounter on a regular basis about influencer marketing. However, consideration of the questions above should help you to decide if influencer marketing is a fit for your marketing strategy.
Stay tuned for my next post answering more frequently asked influencer marketing questions!
Want to chat about influencer marketing? Connect with us today.
P.S. Follow us on LinkedIn for tips, tricks, and industry updates.